Posted on 23 June, 2015
News & Upcoming Events
- Tuesday, August 11th Tony Roma’s Bloomington, IL: The Travis Wesley Trio @ Tony Roma’s Outdoor Stage. If weather is an issue, it will be moved indoors. 1607 Jumer’s Drive, Bloomington, IL 61704. Featuring Travis Wesley on Piano, Toby Curtright on Bass and Tom Marko on the Drums. 6pm-9pm. No cover, half priced appetizers.
- Saturday, August 15th, Junction City, Peoria, IL : Travis will be featured on piano along with guitarist/singer, Joe Metzka and bassist Tim Brickner from 2-5, outdoors, weather pending. Will move indoors if weather is not cooperating. here’s a link to Joe’s Website. . . Hope to see you there!
- Friday, August 28th Bloomington, IL: The Travis Wesley Trio @ an invite only event in Historic Downtown Bloomington. Please inquire through the contact form if you’re interested in attending. Features Travis on piano, Toby Curtright on bass and Tom Marko on drums. 6pm-9pm.
- CANCELLED! Saturday, September 5th, UpFront Jazz Club (107 W. Front St.) Bloomington, IL. The Travis Wesley Trio featuring Toby Curtright on the Upright and Tom Marko on Drums. 8-11pm. Will be playing new, original compositions as well as pieces from our most recent album, Cycle by Three and Natural Diversion. both were top sellers on iTunes and CDBaby within their first couple weeks of being released. We also plan to have a guest vocalist join us on a couple of tunes. Will be worth it. Please join us for a great evening of jazz music at Jazz UpFront!
- Friday, October 2nd, 2015 @ Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, IL: The Travis Wesley Trio will be presenting an educational clinic for the Jazz Studies department and music majors in the afternoon followed by an evening concert. Will feature Travis on Piano, Toby Curtright on Bass and Tom Marko on Drums. More details on exact times and locations will be updated here so stay tuned!
- Saturday, October 3rd, 2015, Galesburg, IL: Travis Wesley will be featured with the David Hoffman Trio. Hoffman is a former, long-time jazz and blues trumpeter for the late Ray Charles. Details on precise location and time TBA.
- Saturday, January 16th, 2016 @ The Sunset Hills Country Club in Edwardsville, IL (St. Louis Area). The Travis Wesley Trio will be playing for the fine folks at Sunset Hills Country Club on this date. Looking forward to it! Private Event.
THE TRAVIS WESLEY TRIO’S CYCLE BY THREE IS THE FEATURED ALBUM ON THE JAZZ NETWORK WORLDWIDE
The trio is very excited that Cycle By Three has been Featured on The Jazz Network Worldwide from 9/29/14 – 10/12/14. We’re humbled to be featured amongst artists such as Al Jarreau, Nick Smith, Gerald Albright, Miss Sharon Marie Cline, Mike Longo, Harvey Mason and Ellen Doty on JNWWs homepage. This feature also prompted a press release that went out to over 3,000 news outlets. Out of those, over 250 news outlets picked up the release nationwide. In honor of this exposure, I have lowered the cost of my album (both downloadable and physical copies) on CDBaby. We have plenty of stock there, and your support would be most sincerely appreciated. A special “shout out” to Jaijai Jackson for considering our album, and for her hard work in getting the feature up and running on The Jazz Network Worldwide.com, for her album review and for assisting with a new, nationwide press release for the album!
CYCLE BY THREE, BY THE TRAVIS WESLEY TRIO IS NOW ON PANDORA RADIO!
The Travis Wesley Trio’s recent release, Cycle By Three is officially on Pandora Radio. We’re humbled that the album has been deemed worthy enough to be played amongst some of the world’s most innovative artists. Thanks to Pandora and their curation team for making this happen! You can now create a “The Travis Wesley Trio” station to hear a radio station based off of our music. Many already have Pandora, but in case you don’t know, it’s free and comes with a great app for iPhone & Droid phones. Just check out their website.
RECENT PERFORMANCE @ THE IRON POST IN URBANA, IL: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 21st, 7-10pm
It was great to be a part of jazz guitarist, Chris Beyt’s upcoming album featuring Mikel Combs on bass, Matt Endres on drums, Michael Fenoglio on the alto saxophone, Chris Beyt on guitar, along with me on piano at the Iron Post in Urbana, IL. at 120 S. Race St. in Urbana, IL. We mainly played Chris’ compositions along with a few standards. I really missed playing with these guys as I went through the doctoral program with most of the group from 2010-2012. Chris recently completed his Doctor of Musical Arts Degree in Jazz Guitar Performance from the University of Illinois. He also completed his Master’s at the University of North Texas. I’m very excited about playing his music. HERE is Chris’ website. Please check back often for updates on his album as we will likely be recording in the November – December, 2014 timeframe. Below is a photo taken by my cousin, Stewart of Chris and I on the gig at the “Post.” Please stay tuned!
INTERVIEW WITH LAURA KENNEDY 89.1FM WGLT AIRED AUGUST 23rd, 2013
In March, 2012 Travis was interviewed by jazz radio personality Laura Kennedy (WGLT 89.1 fm) on his new album release, Cycle By Three. This short segment features a Q & A session between Travis and Laura along with selected tracks from the album.
THE TRAVIS WESLEY TRIO, CYCLE BY THREE (AUGUST, 2013 RELEASE)
“While Travis Welsey’s playing on 2012’s Natural Diversion showed his roots, Cycle By Three displays his individuality and creativity. This colorful and inventive set points the way towards the piano trio of the future.” – Scott Yanow, author of ten books including The Jazz Singers, Trumpet Kings, Jazz On Film and Jazz On Record 1917-76 (July, 2013).
“On Cycle By Three, each track is a standout that holds tight to the thread that join the songs together. The superb empathy between these players pulls you in from the start and will stay with you long after.” – Laura Kennedy, Jazz journalist and radio personality, WGLT Radio 89.1FM.
NATURAL DIVERSION (MARCH, 2012 RELEASE)
“A fixture in the Midwest where his trio appears regularly, pianist Travis Wesley is heard at his best on his new CD, Natural Diversion. Teamed with bassist Matt Hughes and drummer Tom Marko, the pianist displays what he learned from studying and enjoying the music of such straight ahead greats as Red Garland, Wynton Kelly, Erroll Garner and Ahmad Jamal, yet infuses the performances with his own musical personality, building upon their innovations rather than merely recreating ideas from the past.” – Scott Yanow